- Two Shaft Shredder for pre-size reduction of large respectively bulky materials like films, scrap tires and barrels
- Single Shaft Shredder for pre size reduction
- Washinglines, separationlines, dryinglines and recyclinglines for contaminated plastics
- Hammermills for Size reduction of brittle materials, electronic scrap, (computer hard and software) wood, insulation material, tyres, porous concrete blocks, etc.
- Size reduction of loose film ( in-line edge trims), hollow containers, barrels, crates, PVC pipes (thin-walled PE / PP pipes), profile, automotive bumpers, web scrap, injection moulding waste or thermoforming scrap etc.
- Bale Breaker / Screw Shredder used for pre-size reduction of pallets, cable drums, insulation matting material, porous concrete blocks, breakdown of baled material (bottles etc.)
- Polystyrene Shredder for size reduction of expanded polystyrene (EPS) and PUR foam
- Friction washer used to wash plastic materials such as film flakes , granulate to include PET bottle flakes and other types of rigid plastics
pulverizers, fine-grinders, screw-shredders, bale-breaker, hammer mills, shredders, polystyrene-shredders, guillotines, complete washing-lines) and preparation of plastic waste from production and plastic waste collection points.
For special application projects we can provide indivdual taylor made machines and systems designed specifically for the customers needs. Included in this vast equipment spectrum are machines (hammer mills, bale breaker, guillotines) to recycle computer hardware and software, insulation material etc.
The company was founded in 1995 and is located in the southwestern area of Germany in the town of Sinsheim, Germany. The company has a present employee standing of 70 people which combine the design, engineering, production, administration, sales department, and management to form a experienced, innovated and closely knit team. The technical sales department works hand in hand with more then 40 company representatives world wide. A focused and cost effective planning in conjunction with the latest technological engineering and exceptional quality control insure the highest standards which are mandatory for recycling and size reduction.
The proven basic principle of TVEplus® technology: melt filtration takes place upstream of extruder degassing. This means you can realise end products which have outstanding high quality. End products which can contain a considerably higher share of recycled pellets.
Recycling and compounding in a single cycle
As the plastics processing market is continuously extending, raw materials are becoming scarce and trash heaps are growing, the recycling of used plastics is increasingly gaining in importance. The trendsetting Edelweiss technology developed by KraussMaffei Berstorff and Artec provides an ideal solution for directly converting plastic scraps into high-quality compounds with substantial ecological and economic benefits.
The Edelweiss solution combines two processes in a cascade. The innovative line is designed for the processing of polyolefin and polyamide scraps containing more than 2 percent of contaminants and residual moisture of up to 12 percent. Several process steps like material compaction, degassing, decontamination and filtering are performed simultaneously. Thanks to the modular screw and barrel design, this system can be tailored to any compound composition.
Edelweiss lines are designed for output rates ranging between 300 kg/h and 2.5 t/h. However, suitable formulations are a fundamental prerequisite for high-quality compounding results. Feel free to contact the KraussMaffei Berstorff specialists for more detailed information.
The Edelweiss technology is highly versatile – it offers interesting solutions for both recycling companies wishing to compound their residual plastics and compounders opting for in-house production of their starting materials.